What are Some Entry Level Jobs in Psychology?

Degree Finder
Sponsored Schools
FEATURED PROGRAMS
SPONSORED LISTINGS
SCHOOL
PROGRAM
MORE INFO
Pepperdine University
Online MFT Master’s Program - No GRE req.
Northwestern
Online Master of Arts in Counseling - No GRE req.
Pepperdine University
Online Master of Arts in Psychology - No GRE req.
Pepperdine University
Master’s in Applied Behavior Analysis - No GRE req.
University of Dayton
Online Master of Applied Behavior Analysis
Capella University
Online BS, MS, PhD, PsyD in Psychology with over a dozen specialty options.
Southern New Hampshire University
Online BS, MS in Psychology with many different focus options.

If you would like to learn about different career paths that you can travel down with a degree in psychology, you should start by learning about the entry level jobs in psychology.

You do not have to move on to a graduate program or post-graduate program when you would like to pursue a career in the field. There are several different roles that you can play that are all centered around the scientific study of the human mind.

To land a position as an entry-level professional, you will need an undergraduate degree in Psychology so that you can build your foundation of knowledge.

Resource: Top 10 Best Online Bachelors in Psychology Degree Programs

Read on and find out about the common careers you can hold to start getting practical experience.

Careers in Mental Health and Social Services

One popular area to seek employment is in social service and mental health services. When you hold a Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, you will be qualified to help people who have been diagnosed with mental illness or who have a need for social assistance. Most professionals who work in these areas will work for public government agencies at a county or a state level. Some of the titles that you can hold as a psychology major include: case worker, child protection agent, corrections officer, behavior analyst, counselor, substance abuse counselor, occupational counselor, family service worker, home coordinator, program manager, youth counselor, and rehabilitation adviser.

Careers in Business

You are not required to work in mental health to use the psychology curriculum you have learned while in school. You can also pursue positions in business, which is especially true if you major in psychology and minor in business. You can use your study of the human mind to help understand clients and to help understand employees. Some of the titles you are qualified for as a psychology major include: advertising assistant, claims specialist, customer relations, employee counselor, job analyst, marketing researcher, occupational analyst, personnel administrator, writer, public relations specialist, staff trainer and public information officer.

How Many Psychology Majors Work Directly in Psychology?

Do not be limited in your search for a career in psychology. If you really want to put your formal degree to use, it can be helpful to know that a very small percentage of undergraduate psychology majors work in a field directly related to this scientific study. Experts say that only about 25 percent of the graduates will work in mental health or lab settings. The remaining 75 percent will find an entry-level job that is indirectly related. Many times, these graduates will choose not to move on to graduate school.

You develop a specific set of skills when you are completing a psychology program. You will not just hone skills in research and data analysis, but also interpersonal skills in writing and speaking. If you are trying to decide what you would like to do when you are handed your diploma, you need to decide if you would prefer to continue on to a graduate program or get professional experience in a professional setting. If you are entering a program or nearing the end, start to compare the entry level jobs in psychology so that you can make an informed choice.

Web Statistics